- Currents in Teaching and Learning: a peer-reviewed electronic journal that fosters exchanges among reflective teacher-scholars across the disciplines. Published twice a year, Currents seeks to improve teaching and learning in higher education with short reports on classroom practices as well as longer research, theoretical, or conceptual articles, and explorations of issues and challenges facing teachers today.
- inventio: From George Mason University (Virginia, USA), the journal began as part of the Carnegie Foundation's Teaching Academy program and invited contributors to address definitions of the scholarship of teaching and looked at ways that campus practices, policies, and conditions work for or against a scholarship of teaching. Regular issues feature peer-reviewed articles on instructional research, instructional philosophy, pedagogy, learning theory, and other significant issues related to excellence in learning and teaching. In addition to these feature articles, inventio also includes shorter articles on classroom practice and response and dialog sections about issues raised in the feature articles. (Inventio appears to have halted publications, but archives are still available.)
- The National Teaching and Learning Forum: Published six times per year, NTLF essays range from research-based pieces on learning to summaries of on-going problems.
- Canadian Journal of Higher Education: administered by the CSSHE
- Check your disciplinary societies for pedagogical journals.
Major SoTL Publishers
Lists of SoTL Publications
Resources about SoTL Publishing