Helpful Tips for Attendees
Helpful Tips for Attendees
We look forward to welcoming you to Atlanta next week for ISSOTL19!
Below are some final reminders and tips for making the most of your conference experience:
Where can I find the conference program?
- The complete program is available for download via the Guidebook app. If you have already downloaded the app, make sure to refresh for updates by accessing the navigation menu and then clicking on the refresh icon in the upper right corner.
- A less-interactive version is available on Guidebook’s website.
- Additionally, a PDF of the full program will be posted online when the conference begins. For the most up-to-date program, please use the Guidebook app on your phone.
When and where can I check in for the conference?
- Conference check-in for all conference attendees will open at 1:00pm on Tuesday, October 8th, and again on Wednesday, October 9th at 7:30am on the International Level of the hotel.
- On Thursday, October 10th, check in will open at 7:30am in the Atrium Foyer.
- Note: Checking in for a hotel room reservation is a separate process handled directly with the hotel.
- Make sure to bring your conference registration confirmation with you to check-in.
Is Internet provided during the conference?
- Yes! The hotel provides a public wi-fi network on the Lobby Level of the hotel.
- For the International and Atrium Levels, conference attendees will receive the wi-fi log-in information when you check in for the conference.
- To maintain internet speeds, please limit the number of devices that you connect to the conference wi-fi network to 2 devices (cell phone, tablet, laptop, smart watch, etc.).
- Access to a wi-fi network in your hotel room is handled directly through your hotel reservation.
Can I take public transportation from the airport to the hotel?
- Yes! From Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, take the plane train and follow the signs to the baggage claim.
- Enter the MARTA rail station directly from the North or South terminal baggage claim area.
- You will purchase your fare inside the station.
- To get to the Marriott Marquis, take either the red or gold line to Peachtree Center.
- When you exit at Peachtree Center, look for the signs for the food court. The hotel is connected to Peachtree Center by a sky bridge located in the food court.
Where can I park if I am driving to the hotel?
Parking at the Marriott Marquis is valet only. Rates are as follows:
- 0-1 hour $20, 2-3 hours $25, 3-6 hours $30
- 6 hours-daily $45
There are additional parking options outside of the hotel. Please see the Guidebook app for the map of alternative parking options.
What else do I need to know?
American conference venues can be quite chilly. Consider packing a sweater or light jacket!
And finally, don't forget to purchase your ticket to tour the National Center for Civil and Human Rights to take the borderless spirit beyond the conference! The National Center for Civil and Human Rights in downtown Atlanta connects the American Civil Rights Movement to today’s struggle for Global Human Rights. Just a 10-minute walk from the conference hotel, the Center is a great place to broaden the conversations with your ISSOTL colleagues beyond the hotel walls! Click the button below to purchase your ticket for the Saturday afternoon visit (2:00 - 4:00pm).
We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
Michele DiPietro (Conference Chair)
Hillary Steiner (Program Chair)